Armature Base Assembly
1) Cut a 1" wide X 1" high notch out of each of the six top corners (the top has no stickers) of the exterior hexagon base.
As with the top cap lid assembly step #2 there may be tabs of three and tabs of four squares width but it's not important.
2) Cut a 1" wide X 1/2" high (do not include the stickers in the 1/2" high measurement) notch out of each of the six bottom corners of the external hexagon base. (the existing stickers make the notch 1" high).
Again as with the top cap assembly step # 2 there may be tabs of three and tabs of four squares width but it's not important.
3) You now have six 1" X 1-1/2" "tabs" on the top and six 1" X 1-1/2" tabs (counting the stickers) on the bottom of the external hexagon base part.
4) Fold the 1” bottom tabs (the ones with stickers) so the stickers are all pointing to the center and stand the Base part upright on a flat surface.
5) Insert the internal tube base with stickers up inside of the external hexagon base.
6) Fold the external hexagon base part tabs down towards the center of the internal base tube inserting the internal base tube's stickers through the outermost squares of the bent down tabs.
Fold one tab and then it’s opposite, working around until they are all down. This will center the internal tube inside of the external hexagon lid part. Do not bend the stickers yet.
7) Cut out a 3" X 3" square with no stickers.
8) Place the 3" X 3" square on top of the external base, if you position it carefully you should be able to secure each corner with at least one sticker from the internal base tube part. Once the square is well secured, you can bend the rest of the stickers over, a rubber mallet works well for this.
9) Turn the column armature upside-down. Bend the stickers on the bottom of the external base part, using them to secure the interior tube base in place in the center of the external hexagon base part.